Politics RP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Politics RP
Politics RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting sheet

Go down

Starting sheet Empty Starting sheet

Post  Caladin Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Politics RP

Politics RP is up again, if anyone wants to know. I can't do the maps for the next two to three days, though. If that is an issue we can wait before we start it again. Oh, and it might stop working for me again. Definite connection will be within the same timetable.

This is how it will work.

The year is 2010. All of earths current nations are gone, and the planet has entered a Dark age. around the globe, people begin bring others together into groups, and from the into clans, then towns and finally nations.

This is where you step in. You have to bring your nation to the forefront of this world, maybe even this galaxy, by colonization, military conquest, diplomacy, innovation, religion and any other means imaginable.

You need to fill this in. Items with a * are necessary, the others are just for fun.

*Country name:

*Starting land:

*Location and name of Capital City:

*Government type:

*Religion: (also whether state determined or public choice, and to what extent if so)

*Starting Population (max 30,000,000):

*Information on size of Military: (This will work by this. you have 100,000,000,000$ to spend on your military. You are allowed the following. Prices will be based, If these are not findable, I will attempt to come up with a price for it. Prices for military equipment will go down by 1% each year from the starting price, to a minimum of 10%. This is to reflect technology becoming obsolete over time. Some exceptions will be made, but they will be announced when needed. This is because of exceptionally large ships, and technology, which, despite age is not obsolete, or the materials to produce it are in short supply.

Air
Carrier
You can have a full wing of carrier aircraft.
Fighters
100, any type, excluding stealth.
Bombers
30, any type, excluding stealth.
Helicopters
5 attack
40 transport/anti submarine
Any fighter can be replaced with a multi-role bomber fighter

Ground
You are allowed 100 tanks. Any type, excluding the M1A1 Abrams, the Challenger 1 and the Challenger 2
You are allowed 50 artillery batteries
You can have 150 other motorized transports. These include half track and amphibious assault transports.

Ships
One standard aircraft carrier
Three amphibious assault ships
Eight landing platform docks
Two non nuclear powered subs, one nuke powered.
Five corvettes
Five frigates
Four destroyers
One guided missile cruiser

Infantry
Infantry work like this. There training price is divided by 50,000, to give there combat score, up to a maximum of 5. This does not mean that it is better to spend 250,000$ on one soldier, rather than the same amount on 5, as there is a bonus for having the most soldiers, and a large army will (in most cases) increase your population as your citizens will feel safe and happy. That is unless you are a peaceful religion or government type (Hippies.) Then the opposite is true.
A long war or a nuclear holocaust will have the same effect.

In all cases, if you technology is centered around one of these areas you will get additional units, or if it is around infantry, additional money to train them.

Any money not spend will be added to your treasury.

*Starting technologies: (no shields, laser weapons or space equipment aside from satellites)

Anything else: (includes things such as a national anthem, a flag etc. Not necessary)

There is no real such stuff as god modding. Any thing that may seem it (like a ridiculously large army) will bankrupt you. So will things such as attempting to research stuff without a base behind it (for example, you are trying to research warp travel. You will first have to have researched space travel, long distance space flight, have a very productive population etc. You can, of course research stuff without a base, but they will either have to be low level - this is pretty much all current technology, such as space flight, nuclear missiles and so on.

Anyway, I have now produced everything I feel will be needed, though I may have to pause the game every now and again for a variety of reasons, some of which may be I am to busy, or it might be I have to create another rubric because someone has decided to build space warships or something

Uranium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_uranium_mines

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/edu/dee.../8.uranium.jpg

The first is a list of uranium deposits, the second a map of the world with uranium deposits shaded in (thanks to draco.)

When starting, all the deposits on the map will be under swiss control. I will slowly pull out of them, announcing when I am doing so, therefore making it slightly more than a land-grab.

The Greenland uranium mines will become part of ellesmere, due to slip wanting to take part, but not being able to for 5 weeks. Assuming this survives to then

And finally...
If you are going to be away for a period of time, your nation can be paused. When you return it will be balanced, if you have been away for a while.

Last edited by Caladin on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:41 pm; edited 4 times in total

Caladin
Admin; Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Starting sheet Empty Re: Starting sheet

Post  Caladin Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:13 am

A few more things, which if forgot to add Embarassed

Exchange rate: What your currency is worth compared to the swiss franc. (The swiss franc will equal one) The main currency is possible to change later on.

Country color: What color you want your country to be on the map.

Currently taken:
Turquoise
Green
Black
Dark Blue
Purple

Caladin
Admin; Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Post  Caladin Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:16 am

Tax rates

One last thing (hopefully) can you post your tax rates here. Just so you know, higher tax = slower economic and population growth, to an extent. Excessive tax can decline population growth (you will find if you charge 100% tax without being a commie you will have a very empty nation. Twisted Evil )
Lower tax will increase economic growth and population.

Basically, the first is short term gain, the second long term. You have to choose a balance.

Caladin
Admin; Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Post  Caladin Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 am

Currency:

(Its not my fault, I'm a blond)

Your currency. Should go with tax rate and Exchange rate for easy access.

Caladin
Admin; Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Post  Caladin Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Average salary

Another thing that I forgot to add Embarassed, your average salary is 30,000 at the start and may go up and down depending on current events.

Caladin
Admin; Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Post  Caladin Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:40 pm

Announcement:
Number of starting tanks increased from 20 to 100
Number of starting artillery batteries increased from 20 to 50
Fighters can be replaced, if you want, with multi purpose bomber/fighters

Caladin
Admin; Switzerland

Back to top Go down